new to the blog?

Welcome! We've changed the accessibility to the blog so you should be able to browse through all our posts without entering a password -- at least for now -- to make it easier for our new readers. Hope you enjoy getting to know Lorelei a bit more through these posts!

Monday, July 25, 2011

TRUE happiness.

This morning, 7:15am.

I had just finished nursing Lorelei a little before 7. She fell asleep, so I gently wrapped her and laid her in her crib, then snuck back to bed. I was exhausted from being up too late the night before and so I buried myself under the covers and tried to fall back asleep as quickly as I could. But then I heard something.

I looked at the baby monitor. Lorelei seemed to be awake -- but she wasn't making sounds of distress. She was cooing! I was curious as to what was going on, so I climbed out of bed and went back to her room. There she was, staring up at her mobile, squirming with happiness and cooing. She must have woken up after being conked out from nursing and was happy to see her favorite "toy" (she could stare at it for hours!).

I walked over to her crib, figuring she was up and I should probably be on call to spend some time playing with her. I looked over the side of the crib and Lorelei looked straight up at me, making eye contact. Then she gave me the biggest grin I've ever seen and started squealing and kicking her feet. I picked her up and she snuggled into my chest.

What a wonderful reason to get back out of bed! If only every morning could be as snuggly and happy as this morning -- I would give up an extra hour or two of sleep for that much happiness any day.

Lorelei, blurry because she is flailing and squirming with delight

No comments:

Post a Comment