1. Lorelei loves to be tickled with hair. I don't know why, but she seems to find it relaxing. In fact, if she's a little upset, it can turn her mood right back around.
2. Lorelei has slept for 8 hours in a row for three nights now. After her shots yesterday, she was pretty out of it, sleeping a lot more than usual and being very unhappy when she was awake. I woke up at 4:15am and heard her grumbling, but she fell back asleep. I woke Jason up to ask what he thought I should do and we agreed I should wake her up to eat. 25 minutes later, she fell asleep on my shoulder, but I was worried that her head felt hot, so I carried her back in to our bedroom to ask Jason what I should do. Here's the transcript of our conversation.
Courtney: Jason?
Jason: (grunt) Yeah?
Courtney: Should I take Lorelei's temperature or give her more Tylenol?
Jason: (heavy breathing)
Courtney: (rubs Jason's back with her one free hand) Jason?
Jason: (grunt) Yeah?
Courtney: Should I take Lorelei's temperature or give her more Tylenol?
Jason: Yeah, I'd give her more time.
Courtney: Jason, I know you're sleeping, but I need to ask you a question, okay?
Jason: What? What?
Courtney: Should I take Lorelei's temperature or give her more Tylenol?
Jason: Yeah, I'd feed her.
Courtney: Jason, I just fed her for 25 minutes. I need to know if I should wake her up to take her temperature or give her more Tylenol.
Jason: Wait, what time is it?
Word of advice to Lorelei, if you ever read this: in the middle of the night, if there is an emergency, wake your mom up first!
Why didn't I answer right away? Well, last night I had a dream that I was in the UK, running alongside a bison. I was both worried that the bison would injure me and totally shocked to discover that bison live in Britain. So in short, I had some pretty important stuff of my own to worry about.
ReplyDeleteJason