new to the blog?

Welcome! We've changed the accessibility to the blog so you should be able to browse through all our posts without entering a password -- at least for now -- to make it easier for our new readers. Hope you enjoy getting to know Lorelei a bit more through these posts!

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

8 weeks old.



Today I am 8 weeks old. Here's what I can do!

Squeal and laugh a little bit.

"Talk" in some vowel sounds with maybe a "goo" thrown in once or twice for good measure.

Smile at my parents, at toys, and when I'm having my diaper changed or when I'm being swaddled before sleeping.

Bat at objects hanging down near me.

Stare at everything -- pictures on the wall, my owl mobile, and especially my parents.

Kick my feet with wild abandon like I am trying to run away.

Lift my head and a little bit of my chest and hold it there steadily so I can stare straight ahead (I won't do this on command, though, so don't get your hopes up that I'll do it when you want me to!)

Keep my head steady when my parents hold me upright, and I'm starting to be able to do it when they pull me to a sitting position, too.

Stand up and put some weight on my legs and feet when my parents support me under my arms.

Wear some of my 0-3 month clothes -- I am really filling out!

Sleep...sometimes, when I'm not busy doing other things. I absolutely love being alive and I'm so fascinated by the world around me I just can't bear to miss any minute of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment