new to the blog?

Welcome! We've changed the accessibility to the blog so you should be able to browse through all our posts without entering a password -- at least for now -- to make it easier for our new readers. Hope you enjoy getting to know Lorelei a bit more through these posts!

Sunday, July 10, 2011

out on the town.

Lorelei had her first big outing today -- I took her to church to see our minister on his last Sunday before his 4-month sabbatical. This of course meant that I got up hours early to get myself and her ready to leave. I will never ever roll my eyes at mothers and little kids arriving late to events ever again.

Miraculously, Lorelei woke at the perfect time to eat and get to church on time. And once we were there, she was a little doll! She slept through part of the service (wish it had been more) and was quiet through the rest, and then she was happy and alert for a while afterwards so everyone could ooh and aah over her at the potluck lunch. She got a little fussy at the end because she was missing her good nap time and was starting to get hungry -- but otherwise she was perfect.

Once we got home, I nursed her and then Jason took on the gargantuan task of putting her to sleep while I took a nap myself.

My only regret? Not bringing the camera to church. It was a gorgeous, sunny morning and it would have been so fun to have photos of her being held and loved by everyone. I tried to take some photos this afternoon of her darling little outfit, at least -- she wasn't super happy about it but we did our best!






(Finally happy while I was changing her diaper? Babies are crazy!)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jason, stop pinching that baby!
    Such CUTE pics - even the crying ones.
    Sounds like a perfect outing!

    ReplyDelete