Lorelei had her two-month "well child" doctor's visit today. The doctor says she is, in fact, well. She weighs 11 pounds, 12 ounces, is 22.5 inches long, and her head circumference is 15 inches -- which puts her into the 50th, 25th, and 25th percentiles respectively (this is up from 5th, 15th-ish, and 5th at birth). All other reflexes and whatever else the doctor looks for seemed to be normal.
Lorelei was very happy at her appointment, looking at all of the medical equipment, kicking her feet, and enjoying squirming around on the doctor's table...that is, until her vaccinations. I have never heard her cry like that before! Jason was all talk beforehand ("Shots don't even really hurt -- what's the big deal?"), but when the needle came out, he mouthed "I'm scared!" at me and he was very startled by how upset she was. I tried to nurse her right away for comfort, but she was too upset to even do that! Poor little baby!
No comments:
Post a Comment