new to the blog?

Welcome! We've changed the accessibility to the blog so you should be able to browse through all our posts without entering a password -- at least for now -- to make it easier for our new readers. Hope you enjoy getting to know Lorelei a bit more through these posts!

Sunday, January 2, 2011

30th birthday.

Today I am 30. I was dreading this birthday ever since 1.2.2010 -- the thought of moving out of my twenties seemed terrifying -- but today came and went fairly uneventfully. It was lovely to be with family and to have a relaxing day. And somehow the anticipation of 6.2.2011 made today seem un-daunting; according to my due date, 5 months from today (or thereabouts) a new little person will be in the world.

Future Baby Hanna must know it's my birthday, because I've been feeling what has to be movement for the past two days fairly regularly -- little flips and pokes right in the center of my abdomen. Worth the wait to feel more sure that I'm not just imagining things! Despite my excitement about getting some new maternity pants so I can actually feel comfortable in clothes other than sweats and a darling bag that Jason picked out (and special ordered with an extra pocket inside for a bottle -- such a thoughtful guy!), that has to be my favorite birthday present.


Jason was probably most excited, though, about the Packers victory over the Bears -- post-season, here we come! Here are some updated baby bump photos of me in my Packers regalia, though I no longer fit into those jeans from the previous pics (please excuse the hair; it was a long first day back at work when these were taken.)

1 comment:

  1. You look great and I'm so excited for you! I can speak from aunty experience that you need one of those pillows that is shaped like a kidney bean. It works great when Sam is nursing Charlotte. :)

    ReplyDelete