new to the blog?

Welcome! We've changed the accessibility to the blog so you should be able to browse through all our posts without entering a password -- at least for now -- to make it easier for our new readers. Hope you enjoy getting to know Lorelei a bit more through these posts!

Thursday, December 30, 2010

chiropractor.

I am starting my 19th week today (18 weeks, 0 days as of 12/30) -- baby is the size of a sweet potato. I'm really starting to not be able to wear my pants anymore; luckily, my birthday is Sunday, and I am getting some expandable-waist maternity pants as my gift from the 'rents so I can stop walking around with my jeans unbuttoned (classy, I know).

Today started with a visit to the chiropractor. I have been having terrible lower back pain since prior to Thanksgiving, and it's been significantly worse since my car ride from DeKalb to Bloomington, so I went in to see a practitioner my aunt has used for years (I actually went there for acupuncture back in high school when I was having shoulder pain). At first, I thought her table was really crooked and off balance -- and then I realized it was me! My pelvis is totally out of alignment (was, I guess I should say). She worked on me for an hour and also taught me some stretches and exercises I can do. I'm hoping to find someone I can see regularly back at home, because I really can't keep feeling like this until May! And I think baby will be much happier when s/he is in the right place, too.

I know I've been posting a lot of text-y entries with no pictures. I promise to remedy that soon -- once we get home and can load pictures from the camera to the computer. And exciting news: Ross and Meredith got us a Flip camera for Christmas, so there will be videos to share once baby arrives!

No comments:

Post a Comment