Today, we had our 16-week appointment (as I've mentioned before, pregnancy dating is so weird -- I'm actually 15 weeks, 5 days today, but in my 16th week). It went great! I've gained 2 pounds since my last appointment at 12 weeks, which the doctor seemed to approve of. And we heard the heartbeat; last time, my backwards-tipping uterus wasn't cooperating, but this time we heard little future Baby Hanna loud and clear with a heartbeat of 150-155 beats per minute, which is right on target.
Equally exciting: we've scheduled our anatomy ultrasound! On January 3rd at 9:15am, we'll get the chance to see our little one and find out if we're having a boy or a girl. What a great 30th birthday present (one day late, but I wouldn't really expect the hospital to fit me in on a Sunday...). We can't wait! Jason hasn't been present for an ultrasound since week 6, so he's really looking forward to this -- and I am too, of course. Will we be breaking out the pink or blue balloons? Only time will tell...
Edit: only moments after posting this, I realized we had a phone message from the doctor's office -- wanting us to reschedule the appointment! Even though the doctor said "any time after 18 weeks," the scheduler said we had to wait until after week 20. I'll call back tomorrow to plead my case...but it's looking like we won't get to find out until much later than planned. (Update: we won't get to find out until Monday, January 17th -- and I was warned that the ultrasound tech won't tell me much of anything, so I'll have to wait to talk to my doctor on the 19th. Man, I'm already feeling impatient!)
No comments:
Post a Comment