new to the blog?

Welcome! We've changed the accessibility to the blog so you should be able to browse through all our posts without entering a password -- at least for now -- to make it easier for our new readers. Hope you enjoy getting to know Lorelei a bit more through these posts!

Thursday, December 9, 2010

not so quick.

Starting my 16th week today -- Baby Hanna is navel orange size now. Supposedly, s/he is whirling and twirling around in there, but as of yet I haven't felt any "quickening." The first movement is usually detected in weeks 16-20, so I'm anxiously awaiting those little pops and wiggles. I have spent a lot of time this week sitting quietly on the couch or in bed, trying to notice anything different, but I can't confirm anything as of yet.

We have a doctor's appointment on Tuesday, so I'm sure we'll get some reassurance then, but now that my nausea is gone it'd be nice to have some other signs of the life within. Besides running to the bathroom 10 times a day and having my pants get a little tighter, I'm feeling pretty normal. I'm still struggling with anxiety about the pregnancy but trying to channel it into being excited as much as I can.

I'm also getting excited about finding out the sex of our baby, which usually happens at a 20-week ultrasound (somewhere in the beginning of January). I know that it's trendy now to wait until you give birth, but Jason and I feel that we'll be surprised whenever we find out so we might as well know sooner rather than later! I have no reason to think so, but I feel convinced we're having a boy. Jason refers to the baby as "he" but feels equally convinced we're having a girl (you can try to figure out that one, because I can't!). It'll be fun to share that news with you when we get it.

Hoping for an early Christmas present, since it's too late for Hanukkah now, with feeling movement...I'll let you know when it happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment