new to the blog?

Welcome! We've changed the accessibility to the blog so you should be able to browse through all our posts without entering a password -- at least for now -- to make it easier for our new readers. Hope you enjoy getting to know Lorelei a bit more through these posts!

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

do you doula?

Jason and I will be meeting with a potential doula (aka birthing coach) on Sunday afternoon -- luckily, the Packers play on Saturday, so no conflicts there. :) She comes highly recommended by a friend and colleague of mine, so I'm hopeful it will be a good match. After much contemplation, I'm coming around to the idea that it might be helpful to have someone there at the birth who knows what's going on and who knows what we want -- so that Jason and I can relax into our appropriate roles. At the same time, I know that Jason is nervous about the idea of someone who, in his words, "will want to balance your chakras during your contractions." I don't get the sense that this doula is anything like that, but we'll have to make sure we're comfortable first.

I've also started signing us up for classes -- we're registered for first-time childbirth, new baby care, infant safety and CPR, and breastfeeding. I also just ordered three books, thanks to some Barnes and Noble gift cards from the holidays, and forsee many nights of reading that will probably not involve posting any reviews to my other blog...

It feels like there's so much to learn and know that it's getting a little overwhelming!

1 comment:

  1. My friend Naomi had a doula and she said it was the best thing. She didn't think she and her husband Mark could have done it without her. So I hope the meeting went well and you found someone you were comfortable with!

    ReplyDelete