I braved the cold and went out to meet the wife of a teacher friend of mine who had a baby last February; I told her I'd buy her coffee if she'd let me pick her brain about all things baby-related. We had a really nice chat; it was good to talk with someone who delivered at the hospital we'll be using and also to get some ideas about exercise, baby gear, and staying sane. She had a pretty crazy, and scary, birth story (water broke but she didn't realize it, because of strange complications, for three days and then had to be rushed into delivery), but everything turned out just fine for them, thank goodness. She was very reassuring and upbeat and I got some great ideas of things to start thinking about!
Speaking of moving, these baby shoes (below) were handmade for me/us by my cousin Adria -- the first baby gift we've received. So sweet! The second picture shows them inside one of my made-to-match slippers. We will be such a stylish duo :)


can't wait to see little baby Hanna in those cute cute shoes -- Jason, make a note -- more closet space needed!
ReplyDeleteAhh! So adorable! Does your cousin take requests?...because I want a pair too!
ReplyDelete