new to the blog?

Welcome! We've changed the accessibility to the blog so you should be able to browse through all our posts without entering a password -- at least for now -- to make it easier for our new readers. Hope you enjoy getting to know Lorelei a bit more through these posts!

Monday, January 2, 2012

family party day.

When Ross and Meredith arrived back in MN after their whirlwind tour of Pittsburgh and eastern Ohio, we all went out to celebrate Ross's and my birthdays by dining at a classic Bloomington establishment: David Fong's.


Though my parents have lived in the same east Bloomington house since 1984 and I have driven past it countless times, I had never been in David Fong's before! My mom said that now that I was turning 31 I was old enough to go...so we did. For some reason, I always pictured it as being this seedy den of iniquity, with scary Chinese mobsters gambling in dark corners and sleazy cocktail waitresses giving you the evil eye. Instead, it was filled with a bunch of old guys who looked like they just left their meeting at the local Elks lodge and our waitress was the epitome of Minnesota Nice.



 (see the old guys in the background?)



Despite how it looks in these pictures, Lorelei was not happy being confined to her highchair, so everybody took turns walking her around the restaurant and showing her the fish tanks while the rest of us ate. Then we were back home for a relaxing afternoon, a dinner of my mom's famous New Year's Day hors d'oeuvres (served early before we headed to Illinois!), and Ross's favorite: tres leches cake.


No comments:

Post a Comment