I broke the news to my students this week. It's way too obvious not to mention now, so I figured I should tell them before the rumors started. Teachers are noticing and asking, too, which has been mostly nice. I'm struggling with body image a little bit but trying to relax into things!
Now that it's basically public knowledge (though still not on FB) and we're at the midway point, I've started thinking about future planning. We have a guest room in our house that we're planning to convert into a nursery that already has some non-gender-specific, baby-appropriate curtains and decorations in it. However, the fabric we used is no longer widely available! I think in all of my mom's internet searching, she was only able to find 5/8ths of a yard left. We love the pattern, so I'm trying to decide what to do about keeping it or maybe finding another accent fabric to go with it:

And then of course there comes all of the other baby accoutrements. Stephanie lent me the book Baby Bargains, which has been a helpful crash course in what we might need and what products are worth investing in (or worth saving our money on!), but it's all a little overwhelming. I'm glad I'll be taking the month of May off to get all of the final details ready -- it seems like a full time job to get ready for this baby!
One week, two days until we find out what we're having. Can't wait!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteAdria -- we did look at the Joann's in DeKalb, in Geneva (40 minute drive away), and the store closest to my mom...no luck. I think it got bought out because it was so cute! But we're going to figure out a way to use some remnants to make a baby blanket. :)
ReplyDeleteSounds good! I'll let you know if I find any at a Joanns around here...or at the fabric warehouse since I'm doing alot of fabric shopping now to sew pillow covers etc for the apartment!
ReplyDelete