new to the blog?

Welcome! We've changed the accessibility to the blog so you should be able to browse through all our posts without entering a password -- at least for now -- to make it easier for our new readers. Hope you enjoy getting to know Lorelei a bit more through these posts!

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

surprise -- we're expecting!

Hello, friends and family!

As a (very) few of you know already, we're expecting a baby sometime around June 2nd, 2011! Though we're not ready to shout it from the rooftops quite yet -- no Facebook announcements, please -- we wanted to share this exciting news with you.

When we got married in 2005, we both wanted to be married for 5 years before thinking about having a family (Jason would be done with grad school and we both would have the opportunity to enjoy "just being married" for a while). After much discussion and soul-searching once we hit the 5-year benchmark, we decided to give parenthood a whirl -- and were very surprised to get a positive home pregnancy test result on September 20th (Courtney's note: I knew Jason would need some evidence and convincing, so I waited until I had 6 positive tests to break the news!).

It's been a little rocky so far -- with my ovarian cancer history the doctor has been extra careful, and a subchorionic hematoma (bleeding, basically) threw us for a loop a few weeks ago -- but the 12-week appointment today was wonderful, with little future Baby Hanna doing flip-turns and waving like it was the Miss America (or Mr. Universe?) pageant. As of today, baby is about the size of a plum!

We'll be posting here periodically with updates for friends and family near and far. Thanks for checking in on us throughout these next several months!

p.s. We hope you recognize the name of our blog from our "first dance" song at our wedding -- we thought it would be especially appropriate as we get ready for two to become three!

8 comments:

  1. woohoo I'm so happy for both of you and I can't wait to get updates! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thrilled for you both and glad things are going well!!
    Grinning Granny hmmm Beaming Bamma hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's wonderful news! So excited for you two!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy and promise to tell no one until given permission have no fear I am too old to get up on rooftops

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hurray!! I'm so happy for the two of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. woot woot!! Congratulations to you both. It is wonderful news. Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey that is really wonderful news. We are super happy for you and excited to follow the growth of this amazing little (sugar) plum.
    xoxo
    Great Aunt Cathy and Second Cousin Adria

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yippeeeeee!!!! How splendid. My cup runneth over with happiness for you both.

    ReplyDelete