new to the blog?

Welcome! We've changed the accessibility to the blog so you should be able to browse through all our posts without entering a password -- at least for now -- to make it easier for our new readers. Hope you enjoy getting to know Lorelei a bit more through these posts!

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

mugging for the camera.

Here are a few ultrasound pictures of how things are progressing so far. (I've never posted pictures in a blog, so apologies about any weird formatting! Also, we don't have a scanner, so further apologies about having to post a picture of a picture...)



This first image is from our 6 week ultrasound -- the blob the arrow is pointing to would have been the size of a pinky fingernail at that point.


And this is our most recent image (12 weeks) -- freaky alien baby doing the dance from "Thriller"! It's about 2.5 inches at this point, half of which is the head (by birth, the head will only be 1/4 of the baby's total size [Jason asked me to edit this to add, "unless it takes after Alan"]). We think it's weird and amazing that we can already see a nose, chin (will it have the famous Hanna/Herszenson chin, we wonder?), and individual fingers.

2 comments:

  1. coolio. glad that you are having a baby

    love,
    Liam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I AM SO EXCITED. and I hardly ever write in all caps. I think that of all the people that should reproduce, you and Jason are the cream of the crop.
    Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    how incredibly beautiful. to think that I clicked on the blog expecting to read book reviews!
    Love you,
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete