Dear Lorelei,
One year ago yesterday, I found out that I was pregnant with you. You were so tiny then -- not even as big as a poppyseed, really.
One year ago today, your dad and I went out for coffee and pie and I gave him the good news (I needed some time to make sure I was right!). I handed him a pregnancy test under the table (which he thought was a USB drive -- will we even still have those by the time you are old enough to read this?) and he was so surprised. We were unbelievably excited -- and we still are! Even though we had gotten used to it being "just the two of us" after 5 years of marriage and 10 years together total...
...we are so happy that "baby makes three" and that you have made our pair into a wonderful family.
with love, your mom








No comments:
Post a Comment