new to the blog?

Welcome! We've changed the accessibility to the blog so you should be able to browse through all our posts without entering a password -- at least for now -- to make it easier for our new readers. Hope you enjoy getting to know Lorelei a bit more through these posts!

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

on leave.

(I was thinking about titling this post "poke me with a fork -- I'm done" in honor of my mother-in-law's version of a common phrase, but I'm definitely not ready to be done with pregnancy yet so figured I shouldn't jinx myself!)

Today was my last day of work. At my before-school meeting this morning, all of my students came in to present me with a basket of baby books they had signed with funny little messages to the baby, such as "Without your mom, I'd probably be in 9th grade for the next 10 years." It was very sweet -- I'm definitely ready to be at home with my feet up, but I will miss those little monsters and their antics. My fingers and toes are crossed that they make it through their spring final exams relatively unscathed.


Here's a "last day of school" picture of me (with the basket of books beside me):







Hoping baby stays put for a while longer so I have time to do some massive cleaning, cooking (and freezing for later), and relaxing before our lives get turned upside down!

No comments:

Post a Comment