
For the most part, things are going okay. She cries when she needs to be fed even if I try to anticipate her early feeding cues, flying in the face of all of the breastfeeding books I own (3, plus 3 other infant care books that have sections dedicated to breastfeeding). And she doesn't mind having a dirty diaper, but she screams right before she lets one loose, which is sort of amusing and also very puzzling. Jason is getting used to the whole changing diaper thing -- at first, he ran away in fear and disgust! She loves to be in the Moby wrap on walks or dancing around the house and she grunts and groans when we try to have her do "tummy time" to strengthen her neck muscles. I'm not sleeping very much and she has no real pattern to eating/sleeping yet so it's hard to anticipate when my next nap will be and for how long. Taking pictures of the cute faces she makes helps to alleviate some of the exhaustion-fueled frustrations, as does getting emails from friends (hint, hint).
We've had visits from my mom and Ross/Meredith so far. Not sure if we're feeling up to much more than that -- I am naturally inclined to want to be a good hostess and so it's hard to say "I need to sleep" or "she needs to eat" when people are around. My mom has to go back home for another week of school, but she'll be back next weekend and my dad will come, too. Then Jason's mom plans to make a visit for a few days.
It's hard to believe she's almost a week old -- especially since I can't keep track of days and nights properly and have no real sense of the passage of time. Hoping to post more about her soon and to share some videos we've taken as well. Keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we get to know each other and learn how to be a family together.
No comments:
Post a Comment