new to the blog?

Welcome! We've changed the accessibility to the blog so you should be able to browse through all our posts without entering a password -- at least for now -- to make it easier for our new readers. Hope you enjoy getting to know Lorelei a bit more through these posts!

Friday, May 13, 2011

full term and not ready.

(Note: I posted yesterday and Blogger seems to have had a massive crash since then -- all posts made after 7:37am on 5/12 were erased. I will do my best to replicate the original, but if you're reading this and thinking it seems different than when you read it last time, now you know why!)

As of 5/13/2011, Baby Hanna is officially full term. If she were born in the next five minutes, the doctor would say she had cooked long enough. I, on the other hand, am not ready for her to arrive!

I've been on maternity leave for a little over a week now and I definitely haven't accomplished everything on my baby to-do list. Since I last tried to post about this, I finally finished cooking the last of the casseroles I had purchased ingredients for, so we now have two weeks worth of frozen meals for after the birth. I still have baby laundry to do, the wall decal is only half up in the nursery, and we have a million things left on our registry that we need to purchase and organize. It hasn't helped that I've been sidetracked this week by a 2 1/2 hour online tech support chat to fix a problem with our computer or the visit from an appliance repairman that I dropped $70 on even though he couldn't figure out what was wrong with our dryer. And I'd really like some time to start working on getting my etsy shop up and running -- something that has been a work-in-progress since last summer.

So I'm glad that nobody in the baby pool picked a date earlier than 5/20 -- and I'm also hoping that she doesn't come that early, because only having one more week to get everything ready just doesn't seem like enough time. But I know that, when the big day arrives, we'll be really excited to finally meet her, too, and that having a messy house and things left to accomplish will seem like minor details at that point. (This blog post, courtesy of seasoned "new mom" Stephanie, seems lovely and makes me a little scared all at the same time!)

No comments:

Post a Comment