new to the blog?

Welcome! We've changed the accessibility to the blog so you should be able to browse through all our posts without entering a password -- at least for now -- to make it easier for our new readers. Hope you enjoy getting to know Lorelei a bit more through these posts!

Thursday, July 5, 2012

the 4th of July, as celebrated on the surface of the sun.

Well, it certainly felt like it, anyway.


Despite the heat index of 114 (I am not kidding), we were out and about at two different parties on Independence Day this year -- a birthday party for a 3-year-old friend, Nzinzi, and a get-together hosted by one of the organizers of the Crunchy Moms group. I ended up having to pour a bottle of water over Lorelei's head at the first party because I was worried she might get heatstroke, and she spent 90% of the time at the second party in her swimsuit climbing in and out of the kiddie pool while Jason and I monitored her, dripping on the sidelines in the sweltering afternoon temps.

Play with the other kids at the party? Can't you see I'm busy with this chair that looks like a fox?


We look unbelievably sweaty and tired, Lorelei doesn't have on pants, I look like I got so hot that I decided to go nude -- Happy birthday, America!

No comments:

Post a Comment