I am starting to get pretty good at walking. I will take 8-10 steps on my own -- sometimes more if I'm holding onto a toy for security. I still mostly get around by crawling, but I'm well on my way to being a true toddler!
And just like a toddler, I am getting pretty insistent on having my way -- especially when it comes to reading my favorite books over and over and over again!
I've had a great appetite lately -- mom thinks I'm about to have a growth spurt. Everyone says I seem very tall for my age when they meet me, and I tower over other kids who are my same age. Maybe basketball or volleyball are in my future? I certainly like to be active -- especially jumping onto pillows, stretching on my yoga mat, dancing to my favorite songs, and bouncing on the bed.
When I'm eating, I like to have certain things in front of me if they're on the table -- the mustard with the girl on the label and the milk with the cow on it, for example. Mama says she used to do the same thing!
I am starting to talk a lot more. I babble all the time, still make all my animal noises, and I also say "dada" when asked, "mama" even when not asked, and "ca-ca" when I see a car driving by. Sometimes I say other things that sound like words, too, but my parents are a lot less willing to believe they are real words than my grandmas are! I am learning how to communicate in other ways, too -- I sign "please" all the time (what a polite baby I am!) and stick out my tongue to mean "bath."
Just like my mama, I love to try on shoes -- mine, yours, any that I can find.
I love to laugh. I have little inside jokes with my parents and my friends and I like to do them over and over again to make them giggle -- like making moose antlers when someone says "moose on the loose" and making funny faces. If I hear other people laughing, it's pretty likely that I'll join right in even if I don't get what's so funny!
I am so happy most of the time. I give hugs even when I'm not asked and I love to snuggle up with my parents, my grandmas, and other people I know and love. I also give a great smile when I'm asked -- see the evidence below!
No comments:
Post a Comment