By anyone's count, I'm now in the third trimester. Had our doctor's appointment on Friday: I don't have gestational diabetes (yay!), my hemoglobin count is "wonderful" (double yay -- no extra iron supplements in my future!), and I have once again gained exactly 1 pound per week since my last visit (as the nurse said, "You're all belly!"). Baby was happy with a heartbeat in the 150s, as usual, and wiggling around while the doctor took my measurements. Jason and I had our typical lunch at Panera after the appointment (gotta love the broccoli cheese soup!). Starting now, we'll be going in every 2-3 weeks until week 36, and then every week until baby arrives. We also have our prenatal classes starting up soon, kicking off with a childbirth "weekend express" seminar next Saturday.
Jason's actually out of town this week -- NIU has their spring break the week before the Sycamore School District has theirs, so he's flying down to Florida for fun in the sun without me. I'll be steadily working on purging the house of things we don't need so we can make even more room for baby, with a Sex and the City marathon and maybe some baking thrown in for good measure. It'd be a lot more fun if we could be lounging on the beach together -- though I'm not sad I missed going through airport security and buckling into those tiny airplane seats. (Jason, if you're reading this, I hope you're relaxing and having a blast with Kirby!)
No comments:
Post a Comment