new to the blog?

Welcome! We've changed the accessibility to the blog so you should be able to browse through all our posts without entering a password -- at least for now -- to make it easier for our new readers. Hope you enjoy getting to know Lorelei a bit more through these posts!

Sunday, August 26, 2012

15 months old!

I am fifteen months old. Here's what you need to know all about me this month:




I like to try to say "doctor" but I actually do not like going to see him very much. He lets me play with the stethoscope but I still cry -- and those shots are the worst!

I am a big girl -- 75th percentile (though I've still got that pea head). People comment on how tall I am all the time!





Right on my 15 month birthday I decided that walking is better than crawling. I think I was inspired by a cute little girl named Azaria who I met at the library -- she kept running away from me and laughing. We had so much fun!

I have given up on avocados as my favorite food now that I discovered ICE CREAM! It is the best. My parents took me to Ollie's for frozen custard on my 15 month birthday -- most of these pictures are from there.





I have mastered a toy that I've had for a long time now with little colored sticks that fit into holes and jump if you push them. (Thanks, Stephanie and Juliette!) I'll show you if you come over to play.

The elephant slide in the backyard is the best thing ever. I ask to go out there a lot and cry if we don't get to. I also love the park and enjoy climbing on a lot more of the equipment than Mom approves of.



I nod my head to say "yes" and shake it to say "no." But right now I mostly say "yes" to everything because I love doing new things!


Jumping on the bed is so fun. I don't know why adults don't do it all the time.

Mom put all of my toys and books into bins on a new bookshelf in my room so things will be more tidy. Guess what I really love to do?


I like to climb up on the furniture whenever I have a chance. Mom and Dad do not seem to be big fans of this for some reason.



I don't say very much but I've learned lots of new words lately, like mountains and Obama and head rub and knees. I do like to say "dip dip dip" when I get to dunk my food into ketchup -- yum! And I like to point out the birds I know in books: crows, herons, and cardinals.

One of my very favorite books to read right now is a book with pictures of me from the day I was born. I am pretty sure I was the cutest baby ever.




Can't wait to see what I'll be doing next month! I'll be sure to tell you all about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment