new to the blog?

Welcome! We've changed the accessibility to the blog so you should be able to browse through all our posts without entering a password -- at least for now -- to make it easier for our new readers. Hope you enjoy getting to know Lorelei a bit more through these posts!

Sunday, June 24, 2012

13 months old.

What can I do this month?

Point out and identify all kinds of things in the books I read -- if it's possible, I'm even more into reading than before! Sometimes I even cry before naptime when Mama takes the book away from me.

Brush my teeth and comb my hair -- well, pretty close to it, anyway.



Allllllmost sleep through the night. I'm getting close!

Take a few halting steps. Sometimes, when I'm in the mood. But never when you ask.

Drag my babydoll around everywhere I go, give her kisses, and rock her in my arms. She is my favorite!

I can put puzzle pieces back into the puzzle, put rings back onto my stacker, and sometimes stack a block on top of another one. I also put things back into the containers I took them out of. For some reason, my mom finds this really amazing.

I recognize so many songs now and dance and dance whenever they come on the stereo. I've also figured out how to turn it off and on -- even though I'm not supposed to touch the buttons.



I'm getting two new teeth -- just in time to have a goofy grin for Ross and Meredith's wedding!

I can make even more animal noises now. A snake sound is very hard to make with my lack of teeth, but I try my best!

I am obsessed with looking at the pictures of our family on the hallway wall. Mama and Daddy don't want to lift me up to see them as often as I'd like, though -- I don't know why, because it is so much fun to point at all the people I know!

When I see a car on the road, I sometimes say "ca-ca-ca." Mama and Daddy aren't convinced that it is a real word, so they haven't written it down in my baby book yet. I think they are expecting an awful lot from me, don't you?



I love to be outside in the summer sunshine and roll around in the grass. It also inspires me to stand up without pulling up, something that I'm getting to be a pro at.

I'm doing more and more every day!

(Mama forgot to do my monthly photo shoot until I was in the bath before bed -- if she could have captured my new bath antics in photo form, she probably would have. I like to flip over onto my stomach and kick and kick my legs and flail my arms just like I'm swimming!)

No comments:

Post a Comment