new to the blog?

Welcome! We've changed the accessibility to the blog so you should be able to browse through all our posts without entering a password -- at least for now -- to make it easier for our new readers. Hope you enjoy getting to know Lorelei a bit more through these posts!

Friday, February 24, 2012

9 months old.

Today, I am nine months old!



At the doctor's office today, we found out that I weigh 20.5 pounds, am just over 28 inches tall, and my head is a little more than 17 inches around.

I am such a good crawler now -- Mom and Dad have to chase me around. I love to explore the house and wish they would let me into the bathroom, especially when Dad is shaving because the razor makes such a nice sound. I love finding spring doorstops and making them make that funny noise or hitting the door into them.



I love feet. Not just my own -- yours! I love Mom's red shiny shoes, the button on her slippers, and the toenail polish I find on her toes when her socks are off. If you let me, I will stick my fingers in between your toes and tickle you.

I like to turn the pages of my books when Mom and Dad read to me -- sometimes even before they are ready!



My favorite toys are a pig puppet I got from my friend Beth and my Leapfrog playhouse, even though I don't really understand it. I am also getting very good at taking things out of boxes and containers -- but it's up to you to put them back! Peekaboo is pretty funny, but I mostly like it when you disappear below my high chair tray (I kick and kick my feet). I sometimes try to cover my own head up, too.

It's fun to pull myself up to see what's on the coffee table, especially if there's a coffee cup or book up there. I can only pull to my knees right now on my own, but with a little help I can get to my feet. I also like to stand and push the buttons on my activity table. Getting down is hard, though I'm starting to figure it out!



We went to Mom's minister's house for a political fundraiser. I thought that was pretty boring, so Dad showed me how to climb up their stairs -- and that was very fun! I can do it all on my own. Mom lets me practice it at home sometimes too.

I still love to eat and like to pick out the fruit from my meals and eat that first, especially if it is blueberries or grape halves. But I don't like peaches -- yuck! I am trying very hard to learn to drink from my sippy cup but it is just too fun to bite it instead.

Things that are funny to me: tongues. Show me yours and I will giggle! I also laugh when I hear the song "Once I Caught a Fish Alive." Mom and Dad sing it to me when they clean me up after dinner -- it keeps me happy for a few seconds until I remember I hate having my hands and face wiped!



I'm getting my first tooth. No big deal.

Most babies have stranger anxiety by now: not me! I love new faces. Dr. Jafri said I seemed very curious and interactive -- he liked that I looked him right in the eye when he came in the room today.



I squeal and fuss and whine, but I'm still not sure about this whole babbling thing yet. When I have something to say, I'll let you know!

1 comment:

  1. Soooo many fun things you can do! Happy 9 month b-day little cutie-pie!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete