new to the blog?

Welcome! We've changed the accessibility to the blog so you should be able to browse through all our posts without entering a password -- at least for now -- to make it easier for our new readers. Hope you enjoy getting to know Lorelei a bit more through these posts!

Monday, August 15, 2011

already worrying.

Since becoming a mother, I spend an inordinate amount of time each day worrying about ridiculous things. I have always been the calmer one in our marriage, so it is disconcerting to find myself near tears (who am I kidding -- in tears) telling Jason about my most recent fear related to Lorelei. (I blame the never-ending sleep deprivation.)

Jason, ever the worrier, continues to fret too. But whereas I am worried that she'll contract a rare disease or that something I've done has caused her to be ruined for life, Jason worries about...other things. Here's a conversation we had last night after I showed Jason this website in an attempt to get him to laugh:

Jason: Oh no. Oh no. I'm already worried about this.
Courtney: What? Why?
Jason: If she ruins our stuff I am going to be so angry with her. I don't think I can handle it.
Courtney: Jason, she's not going to ruin our stuff.
Jason: If she pulls apart the couch cushions [as in this entry], I will lose it.
Courtney: She's not going to do that.
Jason: If she does, I think I'll just tell her, "Fine, that's it. This is the couch you have to live with now." And we won't get another one until she's in college.
Courtney: I think we'd suffer more than she would...
Jason: Nope. She'll want to invite her friends over, and they'll ask, "What's wrong with your couch?" and she'll have to tell them that she ruined it.
Courtney: Jason, she doesn't even know she has hands. I wouldn't worry too much about it yet.

1 comment: