new to the blog?

Welcome! We've changed the accessibility to the blog so you should be able to browse through all our posts without entering a password -- at least for now -- to make it easier for our new readers. Hope you enjoy getting to know Lorelei a bit more through these posts!

Friday, June 3, 2011

outings.

Thursday and Friday of this week I wanted to get out of the house and be a "real person" for a while. So on the morning of what was supposed to be her due date, we headed out to Caribou for an hour of coffee + oatmeal + Lorelei sleeping in her carseat. That went well, so I decided to venture out to the Sycamore High School end-of-year staff picnic today. I wore Lorelei in the Moby for two key reasons: I knew she'd be calm that way and she'd also be safe from the germy, prying hands of well-meaning teachers (and I wouldn't have to explain why I wouldn't let them pick her up!). Once again, she was a perfect little angel. I wish I had asked someone to take a picture of us -- I had actually put on makeup and curled my hair for the first time since she was born and was back in a favorite prepregnancy outfit, so it would have been nice to have documented myself looking semi-human for a change.

Since returning home from the picnic, though, Lorelei's feeding schedule has been off (even though the picnic was timed for a nap period anyway) and she's been overly fussy. I guess I should know better than to push my luck with a 10-day-old baby. We'll be spending what is supposed to be a beautiful weekend indoors, trying to get back on some sort of sleeping/feeding routine that doesn't involve both mom and baby sobbing uncontrollably -- cross your fingers for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment